Unfortunately, I started the new year with a bit of a stomach bug that slowed me down a bit, but it didn't keep me from thinking about what I want to accomplish this year. All my thoughts on the matter can be boiled down to two words: Growth and Accountability.
Growth in my craft, business, experience, and knowledge. Accountability for costs, actions, and interactions. So each Goal I set for myself this year will have a Growth component and reflect Accountability to myself and others that I will follow through with creating and acting upon goals.
The first firm Growth Goal I have set for this year is to do at least one stash busting project a month. This will encourage me to look at the yarn and supplies that I already own and think of ways to use them in fun and interesting ways. The Accountability side of this goal is a "Weekly Report" either here or on the Hookin' Around Facebook Page that shows what I've accomplished during the week.
The second firm Goal is to post to the blog more frequently. This will help me to continue to grow as a writer. As for Accountability I have made the declaration and you will see whether or not I posted. I have several ideas rattling around in my brain, but often feel like I have little to no time to spend actually writing them down or typing them up.
I plan on writing myself an ideal and a realistic schedule of how I would like to spend my time. Maybe, I'll even realize that there are hidden pockets of time that I didn't even notice I had available!
Weekly Report for Jan 1-5
My first project of the year is also my January Stash Busting Project. I received the variegated Fall yarn for Christmas a year (maybe two?) ago, and I just didn't know quite what to do with it. It was lovely, but I didn't have a specific use for it so it stayed in the stash getting pushed down and to the side as I searched for the Cherry Red or Royal Blue to create new Hero Designs. I paired it with some Hunter Green that seems to have multiplied, though I did use much of that in the Turtle project I reported on before Christmas. The colors were complimentary and they were both long time stash dwellers, though not the longest.
I've had to admit that I'm a Brony. I've seen at least 75% of the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic episodes, and I receive the monthly comic. I've even set things up so tat I can watch MLP on my phone via the YouTube app at work! So, of course I had to make some MLP crochet goodness in the form of parasprites. They're cute and they're fun so I'm sure that you'll see more of these popping up in Weekly Reports. It's hard to tell but the white has a bit of shimmer in it which really makes these little guys pop when you see them in person. As you can see, even Trousers got in on the Parasprite love this week!
So, now I'm going to run and finish up my pre-Christmas painting project so that I can come back in the very near future and share both the results and a tutorial with you!
Here's to a year of Growth and Accountability, may we always strive to improve ourselves!