Saturday, June 1, 2013

Time Marches On, But Family Always Remains

It's strange to think that in February 1995 we welcomed my baby brother, Kenneth, into this world and our family was complete.   





In some ways it seems like only yesterday Kenneth was still small enough that we could fit him inside of a pumpkin, and young enough he made an adorable pumpkin for Halloween!

As I recall he was also put inside a large number of cannons when we visited historical sites.  And we visited a lot of historical sites, so there were a lot of cannons!

But now, my younger brother and youngest sibling is not so little or so baby.  And I think his leap from the nest seems stranger to me than that of my sister because he is 8 years younger than me, rather than the 1 year, 10 months, and 10 days that separate Debbie and me.  (No, two years would not suffice!)

But we've all grown a lot over the last 18 years, we're no longer the small hooligans we once were.
 


Now, Debbie and I are out of our parents' house, and out of college and Kenneth is about to leave the nest and start his own journey.  Where did all that time get to?

But this is all just a long way of saying, Kenneth, I am so very proud of you.  I wish you the best of luck when you start college this fall, and I'll even try to get you that crocheted something I promised you all the way back in February!

But, along with Kenneth's graduation last Saturday there came the influx of family to cheer him on, including our sister, Debbie!  When everyone else packed into their cars to head to Georgia for another graduation on Monday, Debbie and I had a Sister's Day.

We tried out some crayon art: 




Admittedly, we didn't finish any of the pieces we started.  Though, I do intend to finish the piece that I started, it just may not be until next Saturday!  And I think the heart that Debbie set up against the darker background has a lot of potential to be AWESOME!  Maybe I'll have to borrow her idea...

Debbie did a little Painted Zentangle:
We made some magnets:




(So all the magnets pictured are mine, but Debbie made some very pretty magnets too!)

And we went up to the Star.


And we made Rolo Cookies from the Six Sisters' Stuff Blog.  The only real change we made was that we substituted Mini Rolos for the regular sized Rolos.  And they are oh-my-goodness divine.  I took some up to Terry at B&D Comics and I was told to keep them away because she doesn't have the will power to resist their delicious caramel and chocolate temptation.
These are from the batch I made after Debbie left, because the first batch disappeared too quickly!
They are soooooo easy, and sooooooo delicious and I think I've found my new potluck dish.

It was a good weekend with lots of family, chatter, crafts, movies, and fun.  So, I'll leave you with a couple pictures Debbie took of Harlequin and Trousers and remind you that early next week I'll be sharing an interview with Beck from Beckadoodles The Art of Cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment