Saturday, November 17, 2012

On to Christmas!

So now that Halloween has passed it is time to blow through Thanksgiving and head straight to Christmas, right?  At least that is what it feels like walking through my neighborhood and into just about any store!  Only one brave neighbor has a giant inflatable turkey on their lawn, but even more already have Christmas trees and lights up in their yards.  As someone who feels that you can't really move to Christmas until the day after Thanksgiving this is a little distressing.  But stores do have the Christmas candy out... though, do we really need Christmas candy?  Only if it's a 5 lb Hershey bar- spotted at Kroger.

Commissions

I've already received several commissions for this Holiday Season.  And, I'm open to accepting new Christmas Commissions up through Dec 10.  Anything submitted after that will be a case-by-case basis, or not available until after Christmas!

Today, I'm focusing on a child's giraffe hat and a Smiley Face Pillow.  I've started the hat and will post pictures next Saturday.  The pillow has also been started, but I had to take a break because the shades of purple and pink I originally planned on using were a little off, so I had to pick up some new pink yarn and now it's ready to rock and roll.

Etsy

I updated my Etsy Shop today with two new Superhero inspired comic totes.  I've actually made 3 designs, but one is a custom design for my Local Comic Shop, B&D Comics.

Aren't they fun!  They are sized to fit standard single issue comics and trades.  But, since crocheted fabric has inherent stretch they can fit some over-sized and irregular sized items as well.  Because of a yarn defect in the Aquaman bag, James has claimed it as his own.  On Tuesday I'll blog about learning the Crocodile stitch and provide links to tutorials.

I added a belt to the final B&D design.  I feel that it really helps the colors pop.  I'm also looking at various techniques to improve the lettering on the bag so that it comes out more even.
I'm incredibly happy with the way the Aquaman design turned out.  The crocodile stitch turned out to be perfect for replicating the scale look of Aquaman's body armor!

I had fun making the Iron Man tote.  Now I can be the cool kid with an Iron Man Comic Tote and Iron Man Wristers, and so can you since both are available through my Etsy Shop!

Updates

I'm going to make an effort to post more frequently.  Part of this will hopefully mean that my posts will start to fall into certain patterns with Technique Tuesday, Wild Card Wednesday, BRAG About it Thursday, and Sales Saturday.  I'm leaving Monday, Friday, and Sundays "free" because James doesn't work those days which makes it more difficult for me to find time to post!  Also, with the cold weather setting in, it's a labor of love to sit in a cold room and type, even with a cat cuddling in your lap. 

That's all for today, it's time to watch Magic Mike and work on those commissions!

Post at you later,
     Super Nerdy Hooker



No comments:

Post a Comment