Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Happiness



It's been a while since I last posted, but I have some good news.  No, I have some great news.  James started work this past Saturday at B&D Comics.  Oh happy day!  This means several things.  It means that we will finally have a second income again, the house will be cleaner, and since he works on Saturdays I should be able to make Saturday my regular posting day.  I may even be able to slip in a few posts during the week on days he works!
So why didn't I post Saturday if he was at work?  Well I was busy running errands, picking up birthday presents and ingredients for his birthday dinner on Monday, and cleaning the house. It resulted in an awesome birthday celebration visiting some pawn shops, watching guilty pleasure TV, enjoying homemade beef-and-cheese enchiladas (his favorite), and going to see Avengers in theaters again.  It was a great day!

Yard Sales

So, just to catch up on a few things we have been hitting up the end of season yard sales that are popping up around the neighborhood.  For a mere $8.50 we picked up one hooded top, two short sleeve shirts, one skirt (needs minor repairs), three books (Gulliver's Travels, Neon Angel, and 1984), a votive candle holder, a hemp necklace, and a wire ironing board.  Yeah, I know the ironing board doesn't sound especially exciting, but I plan on decorating it so that it is Super Awesome.  I'll share those plans with you as they develop.

We picked up a copy of Neon Angel by Cherie Currie of The Runaways and after we got home we discovered that for $1 we purchased a signed copy of Neon Angel.  It's signed "To Erin, with love" so we hypothesized that the book was a present to Erin and probably signed during the publicity tour when this updated copy of the book was released in 2010.  This would account for Erin likely forgetting that it was signed, or maybe Erin just wasn't worried about the signature.  We did talk to the seller briefly and discovered she was selling everything that she couldn't fit in her car because she was moving back to California where she is from originally.  Whatever the reason, we are excited to be in possession of the book (which was on our short list of books to pick up) and we are extra excited to have a signed, albeit personalized, copy of the book.


Leonardo

Last time I posted I mentioned that I was working on a TMNT Leonardo inspired set of fingerless gloves and mask.  I also promised to share pictures in the next post, so here they are for your viewing pleasure.  The first picture is James showing off the set with foam sword prop, and the second picture is to provide a less distracting view of the product.  I'm working on full sets for Raphael, Michelangelo, and Donatello.

In other crafty news I am sooooooo close to finishing the sweater for my Mom it is not even funny.  In fact I am so close that it is getting quite painful!  I am hoping to push through and finish the sweater this weekend or by next Wednesday, because I still need to do the edging for the body and wrists, and I haven't picked a pattern for that quite yet.

Also, tomorrow I am going to a meeting of the Blue Ridge Artists Group (BRAG).  I was invited by a local artist that I admire a great deal and I am super excited to join them.  I am very optimistic that it will be a great group of people.  I'll tell you more about the local artist in my next post since I will, hopefully, be able to share a piece of art I am picking up and tell you about other awesome members of BRAG, as I am assuming that they will be AWESOME.

Post at you later,

     Super Nerdy Hooker




No comments:

Post a Comment